Thursday, January 2, 2014

Winter in Lacy Park

Winter in Lacy Park
Hello everyone. Happy New Year!

I had a wonderful holiday season, with lots of celebrations visiting with family and friends. Thanks to all of you who were at my house and gave positive feedback on the work that I have up. It's exciting to have them on display!

Now I am glad to get back to a routine schedule. I have decided on a pretty rigorous schedule of painting.This 9x12 panel is the result of my first outing with the "Thursdays en Plein Air" group. It was a gorgeous day in the park, with warm sun and hardly any breeze. The trees are almost bare for the winter. I am happy that I was able to decide on a scene and more or less complete it in the two hours we painted. I'm not sure I'll keep this one, though. There is something about it that isn't right. I'm still not sure exactly what! Regardless, I am looking forward to painting with this group each week.

I also plan to attend Margot's workshop as I have been doing. And I will go to Sunny's weekend workshop when it starts up again in a few weeks. Sunny does more with still life and live models, which is what I need to study. My goal for this year is to put together a sizable body of completed works that I can present and sell. Between all of these opportunities, I should be able to do that.

Thanks for visiting this blog! I hope to post more frequently now (and to exercise more and lose weight and remember everyone's birthdays and ...).

No comments:

Post a Comment