Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Signed, Framed, and Hung!

I have not been painting as much as I would like to, with holiday events taking up a lot of my time. However I am very excited to have framed and hung a small collection of my paintings. Each step was a choice I had to think through carefully, starting with choosing a signature. I am fortunate that Margot has Harry come by her house fairly often with a van filled with frames. I chose four 12x16's and two 9x12's. I learned how to use the drill to attach the clips, and to set the hooks for the wire.

It was very rewarding to get positive feedback from our Holiday party guests. But I will admit that I think a couple of the black frames look too severe on our walls, even though they set off the paintings nicely. This gold frame looks great against the oak paneled wall.

Even when I can't actually paint, I try to move forward in some way to improve my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment