Thursday, April 18, 2013

Final Classwork - Figure

I am very excited about going to Laguna to a plein air workshop this weekend. I have a new easel to try out - a birthday present. It feels a bit daunting to pack up everything that I need to paint, as well as everything I need to go away for a three-day weekend.

Our last painting class this week was interesting. It became mostly a discussion of the benefits of meditation. We had a model and were trying to paint a full figure. I really need to take that figure drawing class! Just getting the drawing done was huge for me! And then trying to find paint colors for the different shadows on the skin tone... I was not at all happy with my painting. I finished it up a bit more at home but it's hard to do much without the model. She had awful raccoon eyes. I managed to subdue that a little but the colors are still rough. I did capture the general shape of the figure and the dramatic lighting. It always comes down to having enough time. Although I had the picture up on this blog for awhile, I have removed it. I just don't like looking at it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment